I know, I know, it has been far too long. It has been over a year since my last post. I don’t know what to say other than; it has been a hard year. Here is the long of the short of it:
-We lost the house that we built. We still owe the bank money…OUCH!
-Wayne thought with construction being so bad that it might be good to find another line of work. He was accepted to the Las Vegas Police Department. He started the Police academy and realized that this was NOT the life he was looking for. He did not want his job to be “Officer Jerk”, which was what the academy was training him to become.
-Wayne’s last day at the academy, May 5th, I got my furlough notice from Alaska Airlines. (Cinco de Mayo was not a great night, other than my sister-in-law, Andrea’s wonderful dinner.)
-I can keep my job with Alaska Airlines if I move somewhere I have seniority. Denver, LAX, Washington DC, Chicago and Seattle were my main choices. We chose Denver.
-We moved to Denver and live with Jack, Wayne’s Dad
-Last week here in Denver, they furloughed everyone with less seniority than me, so who knows what the future holds.
I haven’t felt much like blogging as I didn’t feel blog worthy. Someday I am going to look back at this time in my life and quite frankly, I don’t know if I will even want to remember it.
BUT – I know the only way I am going to come out of this trial is if rise above it. (Of course there are many tears now on my computer keys as I am writing this.)
This is what I know:
#1 The Church is true.
#2 I love my kids so much it sometimes hurts my heart.
Quite frankly…the rest I am figuring out while I go.
Here is why I started blogging again:
1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,Count your many blessings; name them one by one,And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
[Chorus]Count your blessings;Name them one by one.Count your blessings;See what God hath done.Count your blessings;Name them one by one.Count your many blessings;See what God hath done.
2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?Count your many blessings; ev’ry doubt will fly,And you will be singing as the days go by.
3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,Think that Christ has promised you his wealth untold.Count your many blessings; money cannot buyYour reward in heaven nor your home on high.
4. So amid the conflict, whether great or small,Do not be discouraged; God is over all.Count your many blessings; angels will attend,Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
So as of today, November 11, 2009
I am thankful for the blessing of my Grandfather and Father and the other Veterans that have come and gone through my life.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Posted by Amy at 10:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
my computer keys now have tears on them too. I love you and I pray for your happiness daily. Until then, enjoy your travels! :)
just wanted you to know i think about you often. when my mom told me last week that "someone in the gates family has good news" the first thing that popped in my head was that you and wayne found good work. although i am excited for char and bill (of course) i still await the day to hear that you are back on your feet. i completely understand not wanting to blog and just somehow pretend that life isnt what it seems - taking one day at a time to survive. i will continue to pray for you...for your temporal situation as well as emotional. as hard as it is to deal with, this trial is only temporary. keep pluggin along ...
love liz
Oh Amy, I love you so much. You really are such an inspiration to me and my little family! I enjoy talking to you so much lately and hope it doesn't stop. I love you big sister.
You are an inspiration to me Aim. Hang in there. We are all praying for you. If you ever want to see SF (I hear you fly cheap!) Come see us! I've been waiting for my Denim to cash in her invite from last summer! Jacob even asked me when he'd see "Demin" again. :) LOve you! Nicki
Aim- we love you SO much! We know that great things are in store for you guys- I'm sure you are sick of hearing that but it is because we all know it is true! Hang in there!
I know that sometimes it is hard to count your blessings when everything seems to be going wrong. We love all of you and you are always in our prayers. See you soon!
Amy, We all love you and I hope you know that you can count on us. I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. I am really looking forward to it.
hi every one more to come
Two weeks ago in sacrament meeting, when we were about to sing the opening song, rather then tune to the opening song, I turned to this very song that you have typed the words to in this blog. Many times in the past few months I have wondered about what words to this song really mean. And I know that as I read the words to this song...and as I now hear them once again after Amy has written them, (Does anyone know how much water these computers can take before they break down?) I can say that we have all been very blessed in our lives. I know that I have been blessed with very good kids. And I love each one of you so very much. And as we go thru the trials that we do, I am reminded of the one thing I kept always saying to your mother. They can't take away my kids, and now I will add grandkids...they can't take away my wonderful, beautiful wife...my nose is hurting...and they can't take away my testimony of the gospel. For I know I am the only one that can loose that. Mom and I in our prayers every night express our thanks to our father in heaven for the strong testimonies that our children have and how thankful we are for the testimonies of our sons and daughter in law. So Amy, In reference to the comment you made about coming out of this trial, remind me to tell you about the experiences that mom and I have had as well as myself in my childhood. Just know Amy, that I know that you will be able to. So as I have always said, "Kia kaha kita ronga pi" Te Amo, Dad
Now somebody get me a towel!
Love you Amy!
Amy,
I am so grateful that Lani cc'd me on her email because it allows us the privilege of including you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. You are an incredible woman, and I know that "this too shall pass" and you will be greatly blessed with all that you stand in need of. Having been through a couple of unemployment stints as a family, I realize how empty those words sound, but I just had to let you know that we love you and will pray for your success. I am so grateful that we can be a part of your life, even at a distance. I do know that the lessons we learn in our trials are the most valuable and with hind sight they all fall into place. Love,
Eileen (mamahock)
Not sure what to say, Love you guys and we are always there for you.
Post a Comment