Currently my calling is 2nd counselor in the Young Women. I love my girls so much. Their life is not easy. They have a lot trials. Each week I only have about 2 hours with them to help them know that their Heavenly Father loves them and so do I, the Church is true and if you Choose the Right and follow Gods plan...you will find eternal happiness.
Wayne is the 1st counselor in the Bishopric. He loves his calling. He enjoys meeting with members of the ward and issuing callings. He is great when he conducts. There is always a laugh or too. He loves it when people hand their tithing to him. He feels like people like him when they choose him to give their tithing to to him. So make sure when you hand in your tithing, spread it around with all the members of the bishopric.
Darcy is in CTR 11 - This year her teacher is Larinda Schott and Darcy loves her. I can't believe in a year and a half Darcy will be in Young Women! CRAZY!
Dixie is in CTR 9 - Her teacher this year speaks Japanese. The first Sunday of the year Dixie gave a talk in primary and she had just came from class with her new teacher. Dixie gets up and says, "Good Afternoon or as they say in Japanese, ASDLKFJALKCVUOW." I guess her teacher told them Good Afternoon in Japanese and Dixie tried to incorporate it to her lesson. She thought she was very clever.
Dillon is in CTR 6 - He is a bit of a card. A few months ago, someone from primary came into the clerks office to find Wayne. Apparently they couldn't find Dillon. He had asked to get a drink of water and they just assumed that he would get a drink in the fountain and come back. Apparently Dillon had other plans. He went out in to the car and found my water bottle and was hanging out in the car kickin' back for a bit. Needless to say...Dillon is now accompanied anywhere he goes.
Denim is in Sunbeams - She LOVES primary. She loves the singing, class time, the whole shebang.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Church News
Posted by Amy at 8:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Cutest picture of a fish EVER!!!! Oh my word! You did a great job blogging! I love it!
I am going to read more now!
Totally cute fish picture! First step text- next step pictures! I love hearing the updates... keep 'em coming Amy!
oh my gosh... Dillon... he is SO FUNNY!!!! What a crack up!
I think the thing I love most about blogging is that the Dillon story chillin' in the car during primary is now recorded forever. Great Blog Amy!
Not to mention the "or as they say in Japan"... that is so DIXIE!
I can totally picture Dillon with his feet up on the dash kickin back. what a riot. He is such a character. thats fun for Darcy to have Larinda as a teacher.
As they say in Japan and kickin' it in the car during primary... Hilarious stories.
So glad you're a blogger now! I need to figure out how to get notified when people put in new posts. You've only been blogging for a few days, but I feel like I've learned so much more about you already!
visit the Kirkby's at kirkbyfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment